This is a short little list on links with good content related to self development and team building.
Do you want to add anything? Send an email to [email protected]
- Slow Down - Getting More out of Harvard by Doing Less - by Harry R Lewis (Dean of Harvard College)
- Recognize who you are, and do not rush things. Do not take anyone's advice.
Presidents, deans, and professors rarely tell students simple truths, for example that the strategizing and diligence that got them into the college of their choice may not, if followed thoughtlessly, lead to an adult life they will find worth living.
-Harry R. Lewis
- Bullet Journal - Stay organized in the digital age
- Test Checklist by Dr. Richard Felder - Check these when preparing for a test
- Study tactics from Cal Newport - Active recall, change tactics, uncram your schedule
- Learning How to Learn Course on Coursera
- Kill procrastnination and learn stuff (UC Berkeley)
Covers the following tactics:
- Procrastination elimination
- Manage Procrastination
- Effective listening and notetaking
- How to take/prepare for tests
- Essay tests
- Problem solving tests
- Objective tests
- Distributed practice
- Feynman technique for learning new concepts
- Feynman technique (Scott Young)
- Rubber Duck Debugging - Debugging concept for programmers. Applicable to pretty much all problem solving.
Traps which one should avoid
- Cognitive bias codex
- Projection - What you don't like in others is what you don't like in yourself
- Dunning Kruger effect - inflated self perception; to think oneself greater than the objective truth. Fail to recognize genuine skill in others.
- Survivorship Bias - Not recognizing that many have failed, it imposes the illusion of required traits for succeeding
- Make your daily life agile
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Artists
- Be specific of what you want to learn
- Practice actively - No multitasking/doodling
- Find sources of inspiration
- Have a loss averse incentive??
- 60% of the time teaches you the most and covers 90% of the work; the last 40% is just perfection and does not produce a lot.
- Resources for different types of Active Learning
- Effective way of creating quality in short time with Pomodoro - Go from zero to something in a relative short amount of time. Almost like rapid prototyping.
- The beginners guide to quantified self - Measure yourself
Teams / Teamwork
- Create deep trust within a team - Say what you think, allow conflicts as often as nessesary
- Google: Five keys to a successful team (Psychological safety, dependability, structure & clarity, meaning, impact)
- An Entrepreneur, A Manager and A Technician Walk Into A Bar (Technicians - detail oriented; Managers - structure and platform; Entrepreneurs - Long term vision and strategy) Talks about why the wrong combination of these makes businesses fail.
- Quant Based Marketing - Makes marketing a science. Possible to achieve hyper growth.